Diploma in Pharmacy Course (D.Pharm) is a 2-year Diploma course in the discipline of Pharmacy. This course deals with the study of Pharmaceutical science, it covers the concepts
of Biochemistry, Pharmacology, application of chemistry, etc. This program is designed to educate students about various medicines, drugs, and chemical salts and their uses in Medical
Science. Students who are interested in learning about pharmaceutical medicines and their various uses can pursue this diploma course. The D.Pharm Course will help you to build a career in the medical and healthcare sector.
After Completing a Diploma course in Pharmacy an individual becomes eligible to work as a professional in the Pharmaceutical Industry. Also, there are multiple career options after completing this course. One can become a Pharmacist, Researcher, Medical Transcriptionist etc., and you also become eligible to apply for higher studies after the completion of the course. An individual can also apply for lateral entry in the 2nd year of the B.Pharm Course after acquiring a Diploma in Pharmacy.
D.Pharm Course Eligibility Criteria
The candidate must pass 10+2examinations or any equivalent examination from a recognized board with a minimum percentage of 50% in the board examinations (with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects in 10+2 ). A relaxation of 5% marks is provided to the candidates belonging to reserved categories.
D.Pharm Admission Criteria
● Many reputed government and private institutions offer admissions based on state or
university-level entrance tests.
● Also, some colleges offer direct entry admissions to the D.Pharm course based on 10+2 merit.
D.Pharm Entrance Exams
● Admissions to some universities and colleges are based on the University level entrance examinations or State Level Entrance examinations. If you have already selected your college, you should visit the college’s official website and check the selection criteria. If the university gives admission based on a state-level entrance test score, then fill the application form of the required state entrance by visiting the official
website of the exam conducting authority. After qualifying for the examination, apply for
the desired college.
● Many colleges offer admissions to the D.Pharm Program based on the University level entrance examination. In such cases, you need to fill the application form by visiting the
university’s website and appear at the university entrance. The seats to the college will be allocated to you only after you qualify for the required university entrance exam.
Top D.Pharm Colleges in India (as per NIRF Rankings)
1. Manipal College Of Pharmaceutical Sciences-Manipal (Course Fee- Rs 1.27 Lacs)
2. Jamia Hamdard University (Course Fee- Rs 1.60 Lacs)
3. L. M. College Of Pharmacy
4. JSS College of Pharmacy, Tamil Nadu
5. JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore
6. Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu (Rs 16,380)
7. SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies ( Course Fee- Rs 2.43 Lacs)
8. Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences & Research ( Course Fee- Rs 21,620)
9. Lovely Professional University, Punjab (Course Fee- Rs 1.40 Lacs)
10. ISF College of Pharmacy, Punjab ( Course Fee- Rs 58,300)
Employment Sectors after completing D.Pharm Course
Possessing a Diploma in Pharmacy discipline will allow you to apply for a job in the various segments of the health care sector such as :
● Private Pharmacy Stores
● Community Health Centres
● Private Healthcare Facilities
● Research Centres
● Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Company
● Educational Institutes
● Research Laboratories
● Food & Drug Manufacturers & Administrators
Job Roles after completing D.Pharm Course
After completing your course, you can look forward to work with various healthcare brands such as Apollo or Max healthcare, A Pharmacy courses can give you an opportunity to apply to such
organizations for the following job roles:
● Medical Transcriptionist
● Drug Inspector
● Medical Underwriter
● Food & Drug Administration
● Retail Pharmacist
● Assistant Professor
● Clinical Research Associate
● Junior Clinical Research Associate
● Data Analyst
● Research Scientist
Top Recruiting Companies after D.Pharm Course
● Reddy’s Laboratories
● Wockhardt Ltd.
● Lupin Ltd.
● Apollo Hospitals
● Abbott India Ltd.
● Max Healthcare
● Biocon Ltd.
● Mankind Pharma Ltd.
● Fortis Hospitals
● Glenmark Pharma Ltd.
● Sun Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
● Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited
● Cipla Ltd.
Courses to pursue After completing D.Pharm
After completing a D.Pharm course, one can apply for higher degree programs like a Bachelor’s
degree in Pharmacy. These are the various specializations offered under a B.Pharm Course
such as :
● Pharmaceutical Chemistry
● Pharmaceutical Technology
● Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance
● Clinical Pharmacy
● Pharmacy Practice
● Pharmaceutical Marketing Management
You can opt for any of these specializations for your B.Pharm Course. After pursuing a D.Pharm
course, you become eligible to get a lateral entry in the 2nd year of a 4-year B.Pharm course.
Pursuing a B.Pharm degree will build your brand value in the employment market.